Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh, so pretty!

Yes, I'm calling my own creations "oh, so pretty" for all our blog readers to see! You know when your creativity is blocked and you're just not feeling it? Well, this is what happened when the block got cracked open a bit recently.



I have a pantry closet full of paper of nearly all sizes and colors, so I put a few pieces to good use. The texture and color of the base cardstock reminds me of linen. I used scraps of white cardstock to stamp the butterfly/floral collage stamp ("Gentle Thoughts of You" by Stampin' Up!). I backed those with a scrap of pink cs on one card and yellow on the other. Then I embellished the butterfly in the stamp with Paper House Productions' Butterfly-Dream Glitter Rub Ons (RUBGL-0013E). The lovely accent on the side of the cards is one of the rubons on the Butterfly-Dream sheet, too! I think it makes a beautiful border accent!

I purposely left off any tag/greeting so that I could use these for any occasion. One of them went to my mom for her birthday - she has been expecting handmade cards from me on every occasion since I first started handcrafting them 20-something years ago!

No comments: